Veterinary Schools of Australia and New Zealand
Scott is the part-time Executive Officer for VSANZ. VSANZ comprises the heads of the eight Australasian veterinary schools, who work together to advance veterinary education and research in the region.
As EO, Scott is responsible for, among other things:
- Implementing the strategic plan, development of which was facilitated by Scott in 2016
- Liaising with organisations such as the Australian Veterinary Association and Australasian Veterinary Boards Council Inc on matters of mutual interest
- Preparing submissions to government and other inquiries
- Maintaining the website
- Organising biannual business meetings and AGM
- Administering the organisation (managing the budget, corporate compliance).
The VSANZ role has provided Scott with a strong understanding of the challenges faced by the Higher Education sector and in particular by those delivering veterinary education.